The difficulty and complexity of this past week in Israel has left us searching for words to express our emotions.
Side by side media images of the embassy dedication ceremony in Jerusalem juxtaposed by the death and violence on the Gaza border fail to address the nuance of the situation. While this week has brought us opportunities for celebration, we cannot fully rejoice while others are hurting.
We share with you the powerful reflection of Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman, a gifted teacher and leader who is the President of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem as he offers words and insight for the events at the Gaza border.
Read Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman’s blog here.
For up to date information please follow www.timesofisrael.com.
- I’m a Jewish teen who’s invested in acting on climate change. Who’s joining me?
- When it comes to gun violence, where did the outrage go?
- How a Seattle rabbi campaigned to protect undocumented immigrants in his community
- What I discovered about my advocacy after meeting with Mayor Garcetti’s office
- What happened when I attended a rally to close detention centers, at a detention center