Matzah prep, the JCJ way
No Yeast? No Worries!
Last year, JCJ’s Legislative Fellowship Director Elias Chajet and his wife, Michelle Blumenthal, created an easy and delicious 18-minute Matzah Recipe. Watch the video and try it out for yourself!
Recommended Haggadot and supplemental resources
- One Table provides justice resources to enhance your Seder and the justice meaning of Passover.
- Hazon is filled with resources to help you host a more sustainable and environmentally friendly Seder (includes discussion topics and more).
- Looking for something interactive and kid focused? Explore the resources on PJ library.
- AJWS is a world leader in justice, and has many great resources for your Seder.
- Want to design your own Haggadah this year? Use the resources on Haggadot.com!
One year later after the start of the pandemic, our world continues to suffer from the economic and social impacts of COVID-19. Just as we did in 2020, JCJ is encouraging our community to make a special Tzedaka box to collect donations for those still impacted by the global pandemic. As this reality has put an even greater percentage of people in need, it is important that we are mindful of those who are working in unsafe conditions as well as those who are experiencing unemployment and economic hardship.
Ways to give back this passover
At a time when more of our neighbors are food insecure and looking for help to get their next meal, please consider supporting Feeding America.
As we enter the second Passover during the pandemic, consider helping to feed children in need with California Community Foundation.
Support vulnerable families in Los Angeles with One Family Los Angeles.
On Passover, we remember our ancient story of struggle and freedom, as well as our own journey toward freedom in a new land. Consider donating to This is About Humanity to help reunify families at the border.
Residents of South Central in Los Angeles are 2 to 3 times as likely to die from preventable diseases. The Jewish Center for Justice is working with local partners to erect South Central’s first-ever full-service organic grocery. The store will provide affordable produce, prepared meals, and wellness education to those Angelenos who need it most. Learn more about this effort.
For more ways to incorporate themes of justice into your Passover Seder, check out our justice guide for all eight nights.