The difficulty and complexity of this past week in Israel has left us searching for words to express our emotions.
Side by side media images of the embassy dedication ceremony in Jerusalem juxtaposed by the death and violence on the Gaza border fail to address the nuance of the situation. While this week has brought us opportunities for celebration, we cannot fully rejoice while others are hurting.
We share with you the powerful reflection of Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman, a gifted teacher and leader who is the President of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem as he offers words and insight for the events at the Gaza border.
Read Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman’s blog here.
For up to date information please follow www.timesofisrael.com.
- Take Action to Condemn the Cultural Genocide of the Uyghur Population in China
- Perspective: A trip to El Salvador shaped my outlook on U.S. immigration
- Summer legislative fellows: We support abolishing the Senate filibuster
- The Path to Equality Must Include Closing the Technological Gap
- Commemorating the 52nd anniversary of the Stonewall Riots